Sylvie UK Limited is committed to respecting your privacy rights. We promise to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. All personal information will be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed unlawfully. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you will be processed.
Sylvie UK Limited uses your personal data:
– to provide goods and services to you;
– to make a tailored website available to you;
– to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
– to verify your identity;
– for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
– with your agreement, to contact you electronically about our promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
– for market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
– to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you;
– where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Sylvie UK Limited will use your personal data for electronic marketing purposes only if you opt in to receive marketing information. We will update you about products and services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual. You have the right to opt out at any time, by changing marketing preferences via your Sylvie UK Limited account, or making use of the unsubscribe link in emails, or contacting us directly.
We may collect data directly from you, as well as analysing your browsing and purchasing activity online and your responses to marketing communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allows us to ensure that we contact you with information on products and offers that are relevant to you. To do so, we use software and other technology (automated processing).
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners such as IT, delivery and marketing service providers. We only allow our service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Sylvie UK Limited and to you, and for no other purposes.
Aside from our service providers, we will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
– credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
– governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
– to comply with our legal obligations;
– to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
– for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
– for the protection of our employees and customers.
We may collect the following information about you:
– your name, age/date of birth and gender;
– your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
– purchases and orders made by you;
– your on-line browsing activities on the Sylvie UK Limited website;
– your communication and marketing preferences;
– your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
– your correspondence and communications with Sylvie UK Limited;
– other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as on Instagram, Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
We will keep your personal data throughout your relationship with us. We will deem our relationship to be ongoing unless we receive a valid erasure request, or, if you terminate your account and request that your data is purged. Once you terminate your relationship with us, we generally will continue to store archived copies of your personal information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law, except when we have received a valid erasure request. We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
We will always endeavour to keep your personal data secure. Steps we take in order to do this include the use of technical controls (such as encryption and network protection), limiting the number of people working for us who have access to your data and ensuring that they are trained in protecting your personal data.
Where we use external suppliers to process your personal data, we put contracts in place to make sure that they treat it as carefully as we would and use it only in accordance with the instructions that we give to them. Where these suppliers operate outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will make sure that the levels of protection provided are at least equal to those required by UK law.
IN THE BEGINNING WAS OUR NEVER-DIMINISHING JOY OF WORKING WITH WOOD,
WHICH WE CRAFTED INTO UNIQUE DESIGNS WITH GORGEOUS METALS
AND WITH THE FLICK OF A SWITCH DECLARED
‘LET THERE BE SYLVIE’